Are you currently seeking unique philanthropy and leadership opportunities to boost the awareness of critical local issues? TFS has something for you to consider!
We’re asking supporters, like yourself, who have a passion for youth development work and want to engage in philanthropy to help us launch our inaugural giving circles. Join us, and serve as an ambassador to help raise funds for our FREE year-round, high-quality academic, life skills, and parent engagement programs for more than 400 students across the city.
With your help, our collective work expands our community impact. Help us achieve an annual Giving Circle goal of $5,000 with your outreach and monthly contribution of $30 to enhance our mission! We can change the lives of more DC students and move one step closer to closing the achievement gap. We hope you are ready to join a group of like-minded, driven supporters in pledging to support our cause each month!
Join A Giving Circle!
You or your organization can help The Fishing School maintain its quality programming and reach more students by joining the following giving circles:
- Techies for TFS – Do you work in the tech sector and/or IT and have a passion for integrating technology into the lives of youth to better prepare them for the future? This circle’s for you! With your support, The Fishing School can continue to provide quality STEAM activities, licenses for our web-based curriculum, and other technology components infused throughout our programming.
- Heroes for TFS – This one’s for those who work in public safety who, much like our founder, Mr. Tom Lewis, are inspired to help youth and families in DC’s underserved communities. Your contributions will help support career exploration, activities, field trips, and workshops.
- Standing in the Gap – Are you inspired by the story of faith that led Tom Lewis to found TFS and continues to guide the leadership of Executive Director Leo Givs? Your contributions to TFS will directly support Life Skills instruction that help youth grow socially and emotionally and succeed beyond the classroom.
- Young Professionals – Individuals 35 years and younger who want to engage in philanthropy early and have a passion for youth-development work are invited to join this circle which supports the purchase and instruction of TFS’ read aloud books. These are critically important to growing students’ literacy skills and ensuring their academic and professional success.
- Lawyers for Learners – For those of you in the legal field, you understand the importance of representing and advocating for underserved communities in the District. Join this circle and support parent engagement programs that give parents the skills and knowledge to help their children make the right choices in life.
- Club 121 – Alumni of Historically Black Colleges and Universities who understand the critical importance of integrating college into youths’ outlook are invited to support HBCU activities and college-preparation workshops, activities, and field trips that help students deepen their understanding of colleges/universities and what it takes to succeed there.
It takes a village! Join us!